Today, I challenge you to embark on the Be The Change Challenge!
If you’re a parent, do it with your kids. If you’re a teacher or educator, do it with your students, classroom! If you are a student, challenge your classmates or school! If you are a community leader, do it with your community!!!
It is simple to join. Do good! Document it! Share it!
What is next???
Sign up on our form below to get weekly challenge updates.
Complete the daily challenges and post them on social media. You can even make them up on your own. But do not forget to tag them #BetheChangeChallenge
Need help with ideas? Follow @SaulPaul on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for daily ideas starting Saturday, September 12th or scroll down below to kick start the competition.
Sometimes it feels like we could all be more kind. Whether you are parent, teacher, or adult, you are one of the biggest influences on children and can play a significant role in how they treat others. Children watch what we do and follow in our footsteps. They depend on us to show them how to be caring and help others, and no matter how old a child is, now is the perfect time to start teaching them how to be kind.
Doing acts of kindness will not only show kids how to be kind to others but also show them how to help others. By doing these small and simple acts of kindness with children, you will not only teach them about compassion but also how easy it is to be kind to others.
Accepting the Challenge is simple – Just choose 30 acts of kindness, one for each day, to do by yourself our with a group…and START!
Be The Change Challenge
Doing random acts of kindness is easy and fun! To start the 30-Day Be The Change Challenge with your youth, you can create your own ideas or start with the list we have below. There are more than 50 ideas listed on the challenge sheet. For the next 30 days, choose 1 of the items to do with your kids each day.
When an act of kindness is completed, put a check-mark next to that item.
SHARE YOUR STORY
What are you doing to Be the Change in your family, workplace, or larger community? We want to share your story.
Send us your story and share on social media with #BTCchallenge
#BTC Challenge list:
1. Compliment someone
2. Leave a treat or a thank you sign for the mailman
3. Buy a gift card for the person behind you in line
4. Make baked goods for your neighbors
5. Smile at someone
6. Donate unused toys to those in need
7. Leave a BIG tip
8. Send a thank-you card to someone
9. Pay for a stranger’s meal
10. Plant a flower or tree and watch it grow
11. Say thank you and please more
13. Open the door for someone
14. Offer to do yard work for a neighbor
15. Send a care package to a soldier
16. Pick up trash
17. Send a handwritten letter
18. Leave change in a vending machine
19. Let someone go before you in line
20. Pay someone a compliment
21. Buy groceries for a family in need
22. Make breakfast for a family member
23. Donate to charity
24. Give a teacher a thank-you gift
25. Help someone elderly
26. Prepare a meal for your family
27. Donate outgrown clothes
28. Plan a surprise party for someone
29. Volunteer at a retirement home
30. Host a free lemonade stand
31. Hold the elevator
32. Do another family member’s chores
33. Pay for someone’s bus/cab/Uber fare
34. Make hot chocolate for your family
35. Leave an encouraging note on a car
36. Pay the adoption fee for a rescue animal
37. Donate your hair to a good cause
38. Hide money in a book for people to find
39. Be kind to others
40. Create inspiring chalk art at the park
41. Donate books to the library
42. Write a letter to a family member telling them that you can’t wait to see them again
43. Draw a picture for your favorite family member and tell them how much you love them
44. Start a garden/grow a plant
45. Give a book you are no longer reading to a school/library
46. Bring groceries to your family
47. Make some bird feeders for your backyard
48. Start a letter writing club with your class and pick another class across the country or overseas
49. Clean up your local park
50. Do things for someone who can’t in your community (walk a dog, collect mail, mow the lawn, etc.)
51. Write a letter to your teacher thanking them for teaching you.
52. Help a family during the holidays
53. Donate clothing to a homeless shelter
54. Donate food to a pantry
55. Make a card for someone in a nursing home
56. Make a care package
57. Donate old DVDs to a hospital
58. Bring food to a homeless shelter or pantry
59. Raise money for a non-profit
60. Wave at someone