Let’s jump right into the top five freelance sites in Australia out there today!
It’s easy to use and open to anyone, no matter where they are located.
You can browse different categories, view available services, and check out freelancers’ profiles and feedback ratings before hiring them.
One of the great things about Fiverr is that you can privately message freelancers through the platform’s messaging system. This allows you to easily explain what you need and get a custom quote within minutes.
Fiverr is also very convenient to get started with. You can register and start browsing freelancers’ gigs in just a few minutes.
There’s no need to post jobs or sort through a large number of proposals; simply find someone with the skills you need, contact them, agree on the scope and pricing, and hire them.
The process is simple and straightforward, making Fiverr the best choice for all types of jobs, big and small.
- Fiverr offers a wide range of skills and services
- You can view seller profiles and feedback ratings before hiring
- The platform is easy to use and open to everyone
- Fiverr offers competitive rates for all types of jobs
- There is a helpful customer support team available to assist you if needed
- The possibility of not finding a seller with the specific skills you are looking for
- Difficulty choosing from the large number of gig options
|Expert Name||Total Reviews (count)|
|1. bradleydawick Our Best Pick||721|
Upwork is a little different from Fiverr, with its own unique advantages and disadvantages.
It’s excellent for long term projects as the platform makes it easy to track hours worked, which means billing and invoices are much easier for both the client and the person hiring.
Freelancers’ profiles are highly detailed, showcasing their skills, experience, and feedback for previously completed jobs.
It also has an excellent screening process for finding the right freelancer for your needs. Upwork is also one of the largest online workplaces in the world, with plenty of freelancers offering their unique skills.
No matter your budget, you’ll find freelancers willing to do the work on the platform. Having said that, you generally get what you pay for on Upwork, so cheaper isn’t always better.
- You can post jobs to the platform for freelancers to apply to
- Review proposals from freelancers before hiring them
- Browse profiles and feedback
- Advanced invoicing and reporting
- Great for complex or long-term projects
- High volume of proposals takes a lot of time to go through
- Many freelancers apply without thoroughly reading your job requirements
Freelancer.com is used by many large businesses, including Intel and Microsoft.
It’s one of the best platforms for large enterprises looking for talented freelancers.
As a business owner, you simply sign up to the platform, post your job requirements, and wait for freelancers to bid on the project. The great thing about Freelancer is that their payment terms are flexible.
This means you can either pay a fixed rate for a project or pay by the hour. There’s also a milestone payment system, which ensures the client only gets paid when they reach a specified milestone.
Freelancer has a live chat function and a mobile app, allowing you to stay in control of your project even when you’re on the move. If you want to check out the talent before posting a project, you can do so easily by viewing already completed projects.
- Website is intuitive and easy to use
- Great place to find creative and technical talent
- Good for complex or long term tasks
- Tracking work status can be complicated
- Mobile application is sometimes buggy
- Harder to find good freelancers for simple tasks
PeoplePerHour is not as large as some other freelance platforms, but it still has over 3 million freelancers on the site.
This means that there is a vast pool of talent available for a wide range of needs, from graphic design to programming and much more.
PeoplePerHour has been around for over 13 years, and during that time, they have refined their platform to make the hiring process easy.
You can post a project with the relevant details, and their artificial intelligence system will try to match you to the most suitable freelancers on the site.
These freelancers can then respond to your job posting with their proposals. You can review each proposal and choose your freelancer. You are required to pay a deposit when starting the project, and you may receive a large number of proposals that can make the hiring process time-consuming.
Despite this, the payment system on PeoplePerHour is easy to use and convenient for businesses looking to hire freelancers.
After the job is complete, you can leave feedback, which helps to separate the good freelancers from the bad and improves the platform overall.
- Large pool of global freelancers to choose from
- Established back in 2007
- Good rates for professional talent
- High volume of proposals can be time-consuming to get through
- Work quality can be hit and miss for cheap freelancers
Toptal is a platform that caters to larger businesses looking for high-quality freelancers with a wide range of skills.
This site is best for companies that need expert talent for long-term jobs without hiring full-time employees.
Some of the world’s largest companies, including Google, HP, Disney, and AirBnB, have all hired talent through Toptal. This is because Toptal works with a smaller number of highly skilled freelancers who have been handpicked for their expert-level abilities. Many of these freelancers have previously worked for large companies such as Apple.
However, for smaller jobs or short-term projects, other freelancing platforms like Fiverr may be a better option. If you need the best of the best and have a large budget, Toptal could be a good choice for finding skilled freelancers.
- Vetted freelancers for only the best talent
- No risk 2-week trial for buyers
- Quick turn around time for hiring freelancers
- Long-winded process for small projects
- Screening process can be slow compared to other platforms
Other sites, like Upwork, allow you to post a job for a set price or hire an individual at a specific hourly rate. This rate will vary depending on experience.
Know exactly what you need: before hiring a freelancer, know exactly what it is you need from them. This should be as clear as possible so you can communicate your needs effectively.
Do you need help with hiring: hiring isn’t a simple process, and not everybody can hire effectively. If you need help with hiring, get help.
Screen the candidate: before spending a lot of money on a freelancer, screen them first. Do they understand what you need, and have they done similar jobs in the past?
Test the candidate’s skills: make sure the candidate has the skills you need. The best way to check is by providing them with a small test to demonstrate their skills.
Get to know the candidate: send a few messages back and forth to get a feel for the candidate’s personality. Make sure you’re a good fit before hiring.
Agree to a trial job: set up a paid trial job for the candidate to see how they do with a small task. This can save you money in the long run by weeding out unsuitable candidates.
“South Australia, Western Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory”